Winter Blues

Thursday, January 28, 2010

These last five years...

I've always enjoyed my work life. In my twenties and early thirties, my hobby was my job. For over fifteen years, I've decorated homes and tried to sell more sofas than any girl this side of the Mississippi!


Five years ago, our family decided to open a shop in Downtown Bend, Oregon about 120 miles from our Eugene store. Bend is beautiful, with mountains and rivers to boast about, sunny weather, and interesting people from all over.

_____________________________________________________________

We wanted a smaller, more boutique style store
and that's just what we got...

_____________________________________________________________


First summer in Bend, met cute guy named John.
Then John and I got married...

_____________________________________________________________

John & I are no spring chicks, so we were ready to start our family.
Baby Charlie was born!

_____________________________________________________________


I juggled being a new mom, wife, and shopkeeper...acquired a taste for coffee and attempted to finally use those stainless steel things that stare at me in the kitchen. Me, cook? Why not!

Take your baby to work? Not such a good idea...

_____________________________________________________________


It was time to be closer to family once Charlie was here. It takes a village, you know, and starting a family made us realize that there's more to life than sunny weather! But it's not farewell Bend.

Our shop in Bend is still clicking along and we are happy to say the shop is there to stay! We are in Eugene more and it's been so much fun catching up with customers/friends. Stop in next time you're driving by...unless you live far away, then just check on us here...our new adventure in blogging!


7 comments:

  1. I love getting to know such amazing women who keep it all bouncing, a shop, a family and love life. It was such a pleasure to illustrate for you and I truly hope one day I have to opportunity to stop by your shop, have a visit and a few laughs.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning~ I'm here via PVE! Lovely, lovely shop. We are so far away that for now-window shopping will have to do. I love those initial mugs and so much more. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Patricia sent me your way and I love your storefront. I will be reading more!! How great that three sisters can work together in a family business!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Also here via PVE, what a lovely baby/shop/blog!
    So true about window shopping! Will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog via PVE. Love it! Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An inquiry was received requesting a print of your artwork?
    Would you consider selling prints or note-cards in your shop. She is looking for an 8 x 10 or a 5 x 7! Let me know since this artwork belongs to you.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ladies and thank you for all your wonderful comments! We are excited to have you blogging with us! PVE...we are happy to get your client notecards or a large print. How fun! Glad she likes it- we love what you created for us! Let me know how'd you like us to proceed. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete